Amplify Your Giving
During Midlands Gives, contributions of just $20 or more are amplified through sponsored prize incentives thanks to the Community Foundation's Corporate Philanthropy Champions.
Aflac Power Hours: $2,500 added to one small budget and one large budget nonprofit that has the most unique donors during the following hours:
- Aflac Rise and Shine Power Hour | 7:00 AM to 7:59 AM
- Aflac Coffee Break Power Hour | 10:00 AM to 10:59 AM
- Aflac Lunch Special Power Hour | 12:00 PM to 12:59 PM
- Aflac Midday Mania Power Hour | 4:00 PM to 4:59 PM
- Aflac Sunset Power Hour | 7:00 PM to 7:59PM
- Aflac Night Owl Power Hour | 11:00 PM to 11:59 PM
Nephron Pharmaceuticals Mayor's Putting Challenge: Regional Mayors are invited to putt for local nonprofits! $250 awarded to the nonprofit selected by a Mayor who makes a successful putt into the Midlands Gives Golf Hole during the May 1st contest. A total of 20 prizes are available, totaling $5,000. More information can be found here.
Nephron Champion Page Challenge: $1,000 awarded to five randomly drawn nonprofits who have a Champion Page that met their goal by 6 PM on May 1st. Champion Page must have a minimum goal of $250 in order to qualify for this prize.
BB&T Milestone Prizes: $1,000 awarded to the nonprofit that receives the gift that achieves one of the following giving milestones:
- $1 million
- $1.5 million
- $2 million (or over last year's total if $2 million is not raised)
First Citizen's Fifth Year Prize: $5,000 awarded to the nonprofit who receives the 5, 555th gift, celebrating the 5th year of Midlands Gives.
South State Bank First Gift Prize: $1,000 awarded to one small budget and one large budget nonprofit who receives the first gift of the day in their size category.
Nelson Mullins Last Gift Prize: $1,000 awarded to one small budget and one large budget nonprofit who receives the last gift of the day in their size category.
Southeastern Freight First 50 Gifts Prize: $1,000 awarded to the first small budget and large budget nonprofit to receive 50 gifts.
Elliott Davis Keystone Prize: $500 awarded to one small and one large budget nonprofit that builds a strong foundation with the highest number of pre-scheduled gifts in their size category.
Recruiting Prize: $250 awarded to the randomly drawn returning nonprofit who brought a friend to a Midlands Gives Recruiting Breakfast.
Mixer Prize: $1,000 awarded to the nonprofit randomly drawn from the organizations who completed Midlands Gives Bingo at a Mixer event.
2018 Regional Bonus Pools
2018 Prize Rules
- Prizes are awarded to the nonprofit, not the donor.
- Organizations may not win more than one prize.
- Exception: Prizes won before May 1st and Nephron Mayor's Challenge
- Organizations must have received at least 10 gifts before a prize drawing to be eligible.
- Exception: Prizes won before May 1st, South State Bank and Nephron Mayor's Challenge
- Prize money does not count toward bonus pool eligibility.
- Scheduled gifts do not count towards prizes
- Exception: Elliott Davis Keystone Prize
- Prizes will be announced via social media and will appear on the Midlands Gives leaderboard when awarded. A press release with all prize winners will also go out shortly after the event.
- Size categories are determined by what nonprofits reported at time of registration. Small nonprofits have a budget of $750,000 or less. Large nonprofits have a budget larger than $750,000.