Amplify Your Giving
During Midlands Gives, contributions of just $20 or more are amplified through sponsored prize incentives thanks to the Community Foundation's Corporate Philanthropy Champions. Interested in sponsoring a prize for our 2018 event? Contact James Mercado at email@example.com or 803.978.7816.
Aflac Power Hours: $2,500 added to one small budget and one large budget nonprofit that has the most unique donors during the following hours:
- 7:00 AM to 7:59 AM
- 10:00 AM to 10:59 AM
- 12:00 PM to 12:59 PM
- 2:00 PM to 2:59 PM
- 4:00 PM to 4:59 PM
- 11:00 PM to 11:59 PM
Nephron Pharmaceuticals Contest: $10,000 total prize amount. Details TBA
BB&T Milestone Prizes: $1,000 awarded to the nonprofit that receives the gift that achieves one of the following giving milestones:
- $1 million
- $1.5 million
- $2 million (or over last year's total if $2 million is not raised)
First Citizen's Fifth Year Prize: $5,000 awarded to the nonprofit who receives the 5, 555th gift, celebrating the 5th year of Midlands Gives.
South State Bank First Gift Prize: $1,000 awarded to one small budget and one large budget nonprofit who receives the first gift of the day in their size category
Nelson Mullins Last Gift Prize: $1,000 awarded to one small budget and one large budget nonprofit who receives the last gift of the day in their size category
Southeastern Freight First 50 Gifts Prize: $1,000 awarded to the first small budget and large budget nonprofit to receive 50 gifts.
Recruiting Prize: $250 awarded to the randomly drawn returning nonprofit who brought a friend to a Midlands Gives Recruiting Breakfast
Mixer Prize: $1,000 awarded to the nonprofit randomly drawn from the organizations who completed Midlands Gives Bingo at a Mixer event.
2018 Regional Bonus Pools
2018 Prize Rules
- Prizes are awarded to the nonprofit, not the donor.
- Organizations may not win more than one prize.
- Exception: Prizes won before May 1st and Nephron’s prize
- Organizations must have received at least 10 gifts before a prize drawing to be eligible.
- Exception: Prizes won before May 1st, South State Bank and Nephron
- Prize money does not count toward bonus pool eligibility.
- Prizes will be announced via social media and will appear on the Midlands Gives leaderboard when awarded. A press release with all prize winners will also go out shortly after the event.
- Size categories are determined by what nonprofits reported at time of registration. Small nonprofits have a budget of $750,000 or less. Large nonprofits have a budget larger than $750,000.